Thursday, November 8, 2007

BRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So alot has been going on in this last month. I am finally getting back to normal here and tying up loose ends with my house and issues of security. By the first of the year I hope to have all the problems behind me and able to move forward.

I am continuing to work with World Vision and this past month went to five communities meeting with people that will be helping me with my next project. I am planning to work in eight communities weighing and measuring the children to see what kind of problems in terms of nutrition they are facing. From there I will be able to evaluate what will be the best way to help and increase the health. I have also helped out a friend with a project of improved stoves in a number of communities. The stoves are called "fogones" and I plan on posting the pictures soon, if not today.

I have also updated the photos that I have and posted alot of Morazán and plan to put all that I have when I find the time, and remember to bring my camera.

The weather has been really bad lately. For the last week it has rained non stop here and I mean non stop. Alot of the buses are not running because of the amount of rain we have had. It has finally cooled down, but definately to the extreme. I did not think it was possible for Morazán to get this cold. In the days it is in the 60s and 70s but the problem and issue that is difficult to explain is the building structures. There is no real form of insulation and the windows are completely differe and never completely close they are like permanent blind; so in saying all of this it is very cold especially at night. And it has really affected me in terms of health because everyday I have a sore throat and problems with my nose. I hoping this will pass soon because I am tired of sneezing!!

So that is all for me now, until next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nicole! It's Brittney Connors-Caldwell from Wright State. Just wanted to check up on you & see how everything is going. I'm so proud of you :) Keep us updated. I'm about to see if your address is posted on here so that I can write you a letter to let you know what's been going on with me since we graduated -- can you believe it's been a year & a half now? Stay blessed!

* Brittney